JP Embedded Solutions is a small technology consultancy business specialising in solution design and implementation for all kinds of requirements; we have experience ranging from systems designed for thousands of users all the way down to small microcontroller-based devices.
Our speciality is in business-led architecture-driven design, so we don’t just deliver a technical solution, we deliver an integrated capability as part of the customer’s business. Particular areas of expertise include:
- Agile architecture-driven design using rigorous methodologies for analysis and design, such as UML, executable UML, and the Model Driven Architecture.
- Distributed computing with HADOOP and CloudHaskell.
- Embedded systems of all kinds, especially ARM and Microchip PIC and dsPIC architectures. Also FPGA development.
- Robotics, particularly control algorithms and information representation (e.g. robot ontologies).
In addition to this we have an active research programme, looking at:
- Distributed computing, particularly generalisations of MapReduce using functional programming techniques.
- Models of languages for robot-robot and robot-human communication.
- Distributed robotics, where the robot is wireless enabled and uses pervasive wireless networks to draw on resources available in the cloud.
- IT delivery methodologies: programme management, project management, design processes, requirement analysis, etc.